The job posting(s) appearing on this site are for informational purposes only and have not been verified by the San Luis Obispo County Bar Association (“SLOBAR”). Any such posting does not imply any promotion, affiliation, endorsement, sponsorship or partnership by SLOBAR with any of the employers whose employment opportunities may appear here.
The Oakland City Attorney’s Office is seeking highly qualified, motivated attorneys for five open positions. We are interested in recruiting from the broadest and most diverse pool of candidates, and we ask that you share this announcement with any and all interested and qualified candidates.
1. Deputy City Attorney II or III / Affirmative Lititation & Code Enforcement
The City Attorney's Office is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual with expertise in building and housing code enforcement, nuisances and administrative appeals, litigation including civil rights and housing cases, experience in civil litigation and/or administrative hearings and appeals, including affirmative litigation or other expertise and experience that is transferable can satisfy the requirements for this position.
2. Deputy City Attorney III or IV / Labor & Employment
The City Attorney’s Office seeks a well-qualified individual with expertise in labor & employment law. Candidates must have expert knowledge of and extensive experience in labor & employment law, advice, negotiations, and arbitration. Knowledge of federal and state court procedures is a plus.
3. Deputy City Attorney V / Litigation
The Office of the City Attorney seeks a well-qualified, motivated attorney to serve as Deputy City Attorney V in the Litigation Division. The Deputy City Attorney V (DCA V) is the most senior deputy city attorney classification and handles the most complex cases and cases with the highest level of exposure. The DCA V may supervise other attorneys, will collaborate with and mentor other attorneys, and serve as team leader (“first chair”) on a number of cases.
4. Deputy City Attorney II or III / General Advisory and Rent
The City Attorney’s Office seeks a well-qualified individual with knowledge and expertise in municipal law. The position will work in practice areas including rent regulations and landlord/tenant law (such as evictions, renting and remedies), and other practice areas that may include, but not be limited to, affirmative litigation, constitutional issues (due process, equal protection, privileges & immunities, right to travel, residency requirements), providing advice on a wide range of issues such as public nuisance, conflicts, ethics, elections, code enforcement, housing law, real property, land use, contracting, drafting and researching legislation, regulations, policies, providing advice to boards and commissions on applicable laws and at hearings. Experience providing advice to Boards/Commissions and/or City Councils, ordinance and regulation drafting, administrative procedures (including administrative remedies and rule-making) and litigation (including writs, appeals and affirmative litigation) is desirable.
All positions are open until filled. More information and complete job applications can be found at: http://www.oaklandcityattorney.org/AboutUs/job_ops.html
IN TRUST LEGAL, a legal document assistance firm specializing in family law and estate planning, has an immediate job opening for a full time legal secretary/legal assistant with family law experience.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Front Office meet and greet clients;
- Calendaring document deadlines and client meetings;
- Deliveries to Post Office/Fed Ex/Court/County Recorder (all within walking distance);
- Drafting transmittal correspondence to clients and keep tickler file re same;
- Preparing Family Law Judicial Council forms and filing documents electronically;
- Returning phone calls from and communicating with clients;
- Managing hard copy and electronic case files;
- Light bookkeeping to include AR and AP.
- Familiar with Default and Uncontested divorce procedures;
- Exceptionally organized and focused with utmost attention to detail;
- Superb written and oral communication skills;
- Experience and comfort with MS Word, Adobe/PDF files, Outlook and WestLaw Forms Builder;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Experience working in a law firm or similar office preferred;
- Two or four-year college degree preferred;