What is the Family Law Facilitator?
The Family Law Facilitator is a lawyer with experience in family law who works for the Superior Court in your county to help parents involved in family law cases with child support, spousal support, child custody, child visitation and other family law issues. The Family Law Facilitator also helps with domestic violence, civil harassment, guardianship and name change cases.
What can the Facilitator help me with?
The Facilitator and volunteers will assist you by:
- Helping you select the necessary forms
- Providing you with samples of the completed forms
- Helping you perform child support and/or spousal support calculations ("Dissomaster" program)
- Answering brief individual questions
- Giving you a better understanding of court procedures
- Teaching classes about family law actions
- Referring you to other community resources
How do I contact the Family Law Facilitator?
For further information on this service including hours, please call (805) 788-3418
Or visit the following web site: http://slocourts.net/self_help/family_law