2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA - 94303
Phone: (650) 352-8400 / Fax: (650) 352-8408
CA State Bar Number: 88399
Date of Admission To State Bar: 1979
Area of Practice:
- Business litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Unfair Business Practices
A relocated Silicon Valley attorney with over thirty years of experience as corporate and litigation counsel to emerging technology companies, with an emphasis on corporate finance, governance, competitive practices, intellectual property, and commercial transactions. In addition to his familiarity and experience with the competitive landscape in emerging high technology markets, Basil brings years of legal experience in the fields of software development and licensing, patent licensing, research and development activities, and distribution, manufacturing, supply and partnering arrangements. Basil also represents clients in connection with more traditional commercial transactions and disputes, from industries as diverse as financial services, manufacturing, sales and brokerage, and construction.
Basil is also a trained mediator of commercial disputes and served as a neutral mediator and arbitrator for the Santa Clara County Superior Court.
His practice emphasizes the following areas of substantive law:
- Intellectual Property (patent, copyright and trademark)
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair Competition
- Distribution and Licensing
- Director’s and Officer’s Liability
- Commercial Contracts
- Real Property
- University of California at Davis (A.B., with honors in Economics, 1976), Omicron Delta Epsilon;
- University of Santa Clara (J.D., 1979).
- Admitted to bar: 1979, California.
Peer Review Ratings
- “AV” rating, Martindale & Hubbell directory; Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.