Carmel & Naccasha, LLP
1410 Marsh Street
San Luis Obispo, CA - 93401
Phone: 805-546-8785 / Fax: 805-546-3015
CA State Bar Number: 122695
Date of Admission To State Bar: June 1986
Area of Practice:
- Land Use
- Real Property/Real Estate
- Water Law
· Municipal Law
· Land Use & Real Estate Law
· Environmental Law
· Real Property Transactions
· Sophisticated Commercial Litigation
A partner and co-founder of Carmel & Naccasha LLP, Tim Carmel has practiced law extensively for nearly 30 years in the areas of municipal law, land use law, real property transactions, and related matters. He also counsels clients on sophisticated commercial litigation and transactional issues.
Tim has devoted much of his practice to public sector clients, including cities, local community services, sanitary and water districts, and served as the city attorney for the City of Arroyo Grande from 1996-early 2015. In that role, he was responsible for advising the City Council, City Manager, and all City departments on points of law and ensuring that all proper legal procedures are followed.
Tim serves as district counsel for the Cambria Community Services District, San Miguel Community Services District, and Cayucos Sanitary District, and he is general counsel for San Miguelito Mutual Water Company, Morro Rock Mutual Water Company, and Paso Robles Beach Water Association. In addition, many other private businesses and individuals rely on Tim for representation and counsel in their land use and real estate matters, including the Hearst Corporation.
Tim was a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Insurance Law. Tim was also the 1979 World Frisbee Distance Champion and worked as a representative of Wham-O Manufacturing Company playing Frisbee.
BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
· The State Bar of California
· The State Bar of Nevada
· San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
· Nevada (1986 – present)
· California (1986 –present)
· U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California (1986 – present)
· Central District (2006-present)
· U.S. Supreme Court (1990-present)
· Golden Gate University of Law (J.D., 1984)
· University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 1980)